December 10th, 2008
|03:39 pm - because I'm bored|
In an hour I'm on the plane to Melbourne to see MGMT tomorrow night. WOOT! It's gonna be so fun! YAY! Not much happening this way other than that.
1. Heard a kookaburra in person
2. Slept under the stars
3. Seen a koala.
4. Visited Melbourne
5. Watched a summer thunderstorm
6. Worn a pair of thongs (flip flops for you in the UK!)
7. Been to Uluru (Ayer's Rock).
8. Visited Cape York
9. Held a snake
10. Sang along with Khe San
11. Drank VB
12. Visited Sydney
13. Have seen a shark
14. Have used Aussie slang naturally in a conversation
15. Had an actual conversation with an indigenous Australian (aboriginal).
16. Eaten hot chips from the bag at the beach
17. Walked/climbed over the Sydney Harbour Bridge. (a bit too touristy for me)
18. Used an outside dunny, and checked under the seat before sitting down
19. Seen Chloe in Young & Jackson's.
20. Slept on an overnight train or bus
21. Been to Sydney's Mardi Gras
22. Have gone bush-bashing
23. Taken a sickie
24. Been to see a game of Aussie Rules football
25. Have seen wild camels
26. Gone skinny dipping.
27. Had a Tim Tam Slam
28. Ridden in a tram in Melbourne
29. Been at an ANZAC day Dawn Service.
30. Watched a sunrise or sunset
31. Held a wombat e
32. Been on a roadtrip of 800km or more
33. Seen the Great Australian Bight in person
34. Had a really bad sunburn
35. Visited an aboriginal community
36. Seen a redback spider
37. Have watched Paul Hogan
38. Seen Blue Polls in person
39. Wandered barefoot in the bush/outback
40. Eaten Vegemite
41. Thrown a boomerang
42. Seen the Kimberlies
43. Given a hitch-hiker a lift (yeah when I've thought they looked desperate)
44. Been to Perth (born in perth)
45. Have tried Lemon, Lime and Bitters
46. Tried playing a didgeridoo
47. Seen dinosaur footprints
48. Eaten Tim Tams
49. Been to Darwin
50. Touched a kangaroo
51. Visted the Great Barrier Reef
52. Listened to Kevin Bloody Wilson
53. Killed a Cane Toad
54. Gone to a drive-in theatre
55. Have read and own books by Australian authors
56. Visited Adelaide
57. Know the story behind "Eternity" (excuse me?)
58. Been camping
59. Visited Brisbane
60. Been in an outback pub
61. Know what the term "Waltzing Matilda" actually means
62. Gone whale watching. <--------- Just seen 'em
63. Listened to Slim Dusty
64. Own five or more Australian movies or TV series
65. Sang along to Down Under
66. Have stopped specifically to look at an historic marker by the side of the road.
67. Eaten a 4'n'20 pie
68. Surfed at Bondi
69. Watched the cricket on Boxing Day
70. Visited Hobart
71. Eaten kangaroo (dad tricked me into it! but it was tasty!)
72. Seen a quokka
73. Visited Canberra
74. Visited rainforests
75. Used a Victa lawnmower
76. Travelled on a tram in Adelaide
78. Used a Hills hoist
79. Visited the Olgas
80. Used native Australian plants in cooking
81. Visited the snow
82. Chosen a side in Holden VS Ford Ford!
83. Visited the desert
84. Been water skiing
85. Read The Phantom Is The Phantom written by an aussie author?
86. Visited Parliament House
87. Gone spotlighting or pig-shooting
88. Crossed the Nullarbor (couple of times)
89. Avoided swimming in areas because of crocodiles <-------- Come to Darwin!
90. Listened to AC/DC.
91. Called someone a dag <--------- Only affectionately, more often got called one
92. Voted in a Federal Election
93. Have been swimming and stayed between the flags
94. Had a possum in your roof <--------- GRRRRRRRR
95. Visited the outback
96. Travelled over corrugated roads.
97. Hit a kangaroo while driving
98. Been well outside any mobile phone coverage
99. Seen an emu
100. Have woken to the smell of bushfires